Contributing to a greater good.
Consistent with our mission, Greater Good and our attorneys are also making direct contributions to the communities where we work and live.
We continue to evaluate how we can best support the communities we serve. We welcome volunteer opportunities from our clients and other community service organizations. Contact us if you have an effort for us to consider.
We intend to update this page from time to time so that we are transparent about our community-supporting activities.
Recent activities, financial support and pro-bono activities
Three times during the Winter of 2018-2019, a team from Greater Good cooked and served breakfast to folks seeking food and shelter with the St. Paul’s Lutheran Church Allentown Sunday Morning Breakfast Program at Zion UCC in Allentown.
Greater Good also provides financial support to several organizations providing legal aid to immigrant communities.
Anne Millham participates in the following formal pro bono activities: (1) a legal clinic sponsored by the Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center in Allentown, providing support to community members served by the Center facing discrimination; and (2) the Clean Slate Project sponsored by Community Legal Services and the Pennsylvania Bar Association providing assistance to individuals with criminal records who may qualify to have their criminal record sealed or expunged under the new Pennsylvania Clean Slate Law.
The attorneys affiliated with Greater Good are also active in their communities on an individual basis, including serving in the following ways:
- Equi-librium – a nonprofit PATH accredited organization providing therapeutic horsemanship programs for individuals with a wide variety of needs
- The Pennsylvania Association of Nonprofit Organizations (PANO) – a membership organization for nonprofits throughout Pennsylvania, and as chair of the Public Policy Committee of PANO
- Har Zion Temple in Penn Valley, PA
- HDC MidAtlantic of Lancaster, a nonprofit developer of affordable housing including Southside Lofts
- Housing Association and Development Corporation (HADC) of Allentown, a nonprofit provider of job training and affordable housing
- The steering committee of the Regional Homeless Advisory Board (RHAB), and as chair of the Affordable Housing Committee of the RHAB
- As members of several Rotary Clubs, engaging in Club community service activities including the regional food packaging event which results in thousands of meals being donated to local food banks and pantries